Conduct an audit of purchases made by the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani, and identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement in the procurement policy and procedures.
- Conduct an audit of the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani purchases during FY 13-14 and 14-15.
- Determine if AUIS is getting fair market prices for goods and services in the local marketplace
- Determine if there is any evidence of past purchases being made in violation of AUIS Procurement and Conflict of Interest polices
- Identify areas where improvements could be made in the existing Procurement Policy and Guidelines
- Provide a detailed report on internal audit findings and recommendations
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Minimum university degree in accounting, or recognized certification in professional accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in accounting; experience in internal/external auditing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Iraqi national accounting standards as well as International Accounting Standards
- Knowledge of audit procedures and methods
- Strong analytical skills as well as personal communications skills; fluency in English (oral and written) required; Arabic and Kurdish language skills preferred.