Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology and Software Engineering
Ph.D. Huddersfield University
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Hoger is a dual British/Kurdish national who has over 10 years of research and teaching experience at university level. He gained his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Huddersfield, UK, MSc in Advance Software Engineering from the University of Leicester, UK and BSc in Computer Science from De Montfort University, UK. Apart from teaching and research experiences, Dr. Hoger has a wealth of administrative experience gained during his time as the Head of Computer Science Department in one of the private universities in Sulaimani, Iraq.
He is one of the only 50 pedagogy trainers recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, KRG and qualified by the University of HAMK in Finland. He has been involved in training new Master and PhD holders who wish to start a teaching career for a number of years. Dr. Hoger started his academic career after spending 3 years in industry working for reputable UK companies such as MCR Systems and Intercede in various roles such as System Developers and Software Test Engineers. He has published 14 journal articles and a book chapter in his field.
His research interests include:
• Virtual Organization
• Virtual Collaborations
• Software Engineering
• System Analysis and Design
• Modelling Methodologies and Techniques
• Model Driven Development
• Human Computer Interaction
View profile on Google Scholar
- A. Mahmoodzadeh et al., “Machine learning forecasting models of disc cutters life of tunnel boring machine,” Automation in Construction, vol. 128, p. 103779, 2021.
- S. Modi, H. A. Taher, and H. Mahmud, “A Tool to Automate Student UML diagram Evaluation,” Academic Journal of Nawroz University, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 189–198, 2021.
- H. Mahmud et al., “Technologies in medical information processing,” Advances in Telemedicine for Health Monitoring: Technologies, Design and Applications, p. 31, 2020.
- H. A. Tahir and H. Mahmud, “Querying Social Media to Track People’s Movements and Discussions Via a Browser Interface,” Academic Journal of Nawroz University, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 102–113, 2020.
- M. Mohammad and H. M. Hussen, “The State of the Art in Feature Extraction Methods for EEG Classification,” UHD Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 16–23, 2019.
- H. M. Hussen, “A Blockchain-based Service Provider Validation and Verification Framework for Healthcare Virtual Organization,” UHD Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 24–31, 2018.
- H. Mahmud, “A Simple Software Rejuvenation Framework Based on Model Driven Development,” UHD Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 37–45, 2017.
- H. Mahmud, “Modeling Virtual Organization for Home Healthcare Using UML,” Int. J. Comput. Sci. Eng, vol. 4, pp. 22–31, 2016.
- H. Mahmud and J. Lu, “A generic vobe framework to manage home healthcare collaboration,” Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 362–371, 2015.
- H. Mahmud and W. A. A. Alsalihy, “A Novel VOBE Framework for Road Safety Management,” Int. J. of Multidisciplinary and Current research, vol. 3, 2015.
- A. M. Ahmed and H. M. Hussen, “A Simple Website Optimization Framework for Web developers in Kurdistan Region of Iraq,” Int. J. of Multidisciplinary and Current research, vol. 3, pp. 992–8, 2015.
- H. M. Hussen, M. I. Ghareb, and Z. A. K. Rash, “An Investigation into News Webpage interface Design in Kurdistan Region of Iraq,” Journal of University of Human Development, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 351–356, 2015.
- H. M. Hussen, “Virtual Object Position Manipulation Using ARToolKit,” Journal of University of Human Development, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 306–310, 2015.
- A. Abdulla, M. I. Ako Abubakr, and H. Mahmud, “E-Payment: Prospects, challenges and solutions in KRG public sector,” International Journal of Engineering And Computer Science, vol. 4, no. 09, 2015.
- L. Bocchi, M. Hoger, K. Rebay-Salisbury, and E. Tuosto, “Virtual models for archaeology,” Archeologia e Calcolatori, vol. 24, pp. 305–324, 2013.