The AUIS Department of Information Technology has invited Prof. Dr. Sattar B. Sadkhan - chair of IEEE IRAQ Section - to deliver a presentation about The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and it's role in enhancing scientific activities in Iraq.
The talk will show the main benefits of scientific cooperation with this Institute via its representatives in Iraq like IEEE Iraq Section, IEEE ComSoc Iraq Chapter, IEEE Iraq CIS Chapter, IEEE WIE Iraq Affinity Group and the main scientific activities sponsored by these representatives inside and outside Iraq through the last 6 years (2009- 2015).
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association with its corporate office in New York City and its operations center in Piscataway, New Jersey. It was formed in 1963 from the amalgamation of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers. Today it is the world's largest association of technical professionals with more than 400,000 members in chapters around the world. Its objectives are the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering and allied disciplines.
The IEEE provides learning opportunities within the engineering sciences, research, and technology. The goal of the IEEE education programs is to ensure the growth of skill and knowledge in the electricity-related technical professions and to foster individual commitment to continuing education among IEEE members, the engineering and scientific communities, and the general public.
Dr. Eng. Sattar B. Sadkhan is a professor of Wireless Digital Communication and Information Security University of Babylon, Iraq
• Honourable Chair of IEEE IRAQ Section at IEEE
• Chairman of IEEE ComSoc. IRAQ Chapter
• Chairman of IEEE Computational Intelligence Iraq Chapter
• Chair of URSI Iraq Committee
• Honourable Research Director of IRAQ for (BRCORP):
• Member of International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR)
• Diploma in Radar Repairing in IRAQ (1970-1974)
• B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, IRAQ , 1978
• M.Sc. Wireless Digital Communication, Czech Republic,1981
• Ph.D. Detection of Digital Modulation Signals, Czech Republic,1984
• Diploma, Information Security, Crypto – Switzerland, 1988
• Published more than (210 ) papers in international conferences, and international journals
• Supervised (139) M.Sc. and PhD Postgraduates since 1984
• Editor in Chief of (8) International Scientific Journals
• Associate Editor in Chief of other (6) International Scientific Journals
• Member of Editing Board of (32) International Journal
• Member of International Scientific Organization more than (10)
• Member of International Scientific Committees more than (230)
International Conferences committees ( Just for the Year 2013, there was (58) Int. Conferences.
• Editor of Book : Multidisciplinary Prospective in Cryptology and Information Security: IGI-Global – March 2014
* Keynote speaker in many international conferences in Turkey, China, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, and in Iraq (many local and International conferences).