Find out more about the check-in and check-out policies at AUIS dorms.
During check-in all dormitory residents are given a Room Condition Form (RCF) for review.
This document must be signed by the individual resident and returned to the Dormitory Supervisor within 24 hours of check-in. Residents will also sign for a room key. It is the responsibility of the resident to inform the Dormitory Supervisor if there are any discrepancies between the room’s condition and the RCF. If pre-existing damage is not noted on the inventory card, the resident will be responsible for the damage at check-out.
- Schedule a time with your Dormitory Supervisor for checking out at least 24 hours in advance. Students will be expected to check out within 24 hours of their last exam. The Dormitory Supervisor will inspect your room for cleanliness and damages. The Dormitory Supervisor will use your Room Condition Form for your check-out clearance. Any damage to the room will be noted on the form, and charges will be deducted from your room deposit. If damage costs exceed the deposit amount, additional charges will be added to your account.
- You must have your space clean and your personal belongings packed at the time of your scheduled check-out appointment. Dirty rooms, writing on the windows or walls, broken/ missing furniture, or missing/disassembled property belonging to the University will be charged against the student.
- Please make sure your refrigerator is defrosted and cleaned out before you check out. Plan ahead and empty your fridge in advance.
- Personal belongings left in the room will be removed from the premises. They will be kept for 30 days, after which time it will be sent for disposal. You will be charged for the actual cost of removal, storage and disposal of personal property.
- Return your room key. Failure to do so will result in a $100 charge for missing keys.
Please download and use the Checklist for a Successful Check-Out to ensure you take all the necessary steps before check out time and do not incur any fees.