The American University of Iraq, Sulaimani prepares its students and graduates for success and leadership in a rapidly changing and global world.
AUIS now has over 650 alumni, most of them working all over Iraq and its Kurdistan Region. The AUIS education makes these young men and women highly desirable employees in international relief organizations, multinational corporations, and local companies and businesses. AUIS graduates work primarily in the private sector, an exception in a region in which public sector employment still dominates career paths. According to a 2016 survey, more than 82 percent of AUIS’s undergraduate alumni are employed by the region’s top private companies or pursue advanced degrees at prestigious universities in the United States and Europe.
Our graduates are a distinct point of pride for the entire AUIS community and we strive to maintain a lifelong relationship with our alumni. In 2012, our alumni established an Alumni Association which is involved in:
- Inviting alumni to lectures, events, and meetings of interest at the university.
- Hosting alumni-specific events, including networking socials, reunions, and trips.
- Incorporating alumni into university traditions and making them a more vocal and active part of the AUIS community.
- Sharing professional opportunities with alumni via the Career Services Office.
- Bring alumni back to campus to share experiences and career advice with current students.