(This page has been updated on July 31, 2016)
AUIS is a nonprofit university for the public benefit of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Iraq. Over 80 percent of enrolled undergraduates receive some form of institutional or outside aid. AUIS strives to enroll the best students, regardless of income.
Below are 2016-2017 tuition policies as of July 2016. These are subject to change before November.
Tuition rates are determined by KRG/Iraq Baccalaureate score.
Rates do not take into account additional scholarships that may be awarded (for example, the 2013 KRG Academic Excellence Scholarship). Criteria and availability of scholarships may vary by year; please regularly check AUIS website for updates.
Students admitted or readmitted to AUIS after July 2016 are subject to the following annual (defined as fall and spring terms) tuitions scale.
2016-2017 Tuition Rates
|94.50 - 100.00||$1,500|
|89.50 - 94.49||$2,500|
|84.50 - 89.49||$3,500|
|79.50 - 84.49||$4,000|
|74.50 - 79.49||$5,500|
|69.50 - 74.49||$6,500|
|69.49 and below||$8,000|
|Master of Business Administration|
|Tuition per course||$1,375|
- Newly enrolled students will be asked for a tuition deposit of $500.
- Admissions tuition deposit is non-refundable
- Deposits for keys, lockers and other university property
Summer and Winter Course
Annual tuition does not include:
- Voluntary, non-refundable APP summer term fee
- Voluntary, non-refundable Winter Term undergraduate course fee
- Voluntary, non-refundable Summer Term undergraduate course fee
In addition to tuition, APP students are required to pay about $100 per term for textbooks
- This fee is processed by the AUIS Bookstore
- If not paid, APP will withhold midterm and final grades and prevent online registration
AUIS reserves the right to introduce additional mandatory fees not originally listed in enrollment agreement.
The Fees at AUIS include the following:
- Dorm fees (only for students eligible for dorm room)
- Undergraduate textbook fees (total amount varies depending on schedule)
- Minor service fees (printing fees, parking fees)
AUIS reserves the right to introduce additional fees not originally listed in enrollment agreement.