Academic integrity is honest behavior in a school setting. Integrity in speech, research and writing is an essential part of teaching and learning at AUIS.
AUIS expects students to adhere to accepted standards of academic honesty and integrity. Academic Integrity is guided by the AUIS Honor Code, which was written by AUIS students.
The Office of the Dean of Students encourages academic honesty and prevents cheating. The duties of the Dean of Students include, but are not limited to:
- Preventing cheating
- Investigation of possible integrity offenses
- Investigation of possible behavioral violations, in consultation with the Director of Student Services
- Notification of failures due to absences
- Proctoring exams and quizzes with professors
- Conducting incoming Freshmen Orientations
- Assisting with Probation
- Ex officio member of the Dismissal and Readmission Committee
- University administrator for Turnitin.com